Andrews Cooper specializes in innovative product design and automation solutions for a variety of industries and world-class Fortune 100 companies. We have a high regard for our clients, and we care about how we conduct business. We partner with our clients to exceed their expectations and build long-lasting relationships based on mutual respect, trust, and goodwill.
Our commitment to our clients starts at home, with a family of over 100 talented and highly skilled engineers and staff. We believe there is a better way to operate as a company by supporting and developing our teams. Our company is passionate about what we do and how we achieve our goals:
- We are innovative and naturally curious individuals who love applying science to tough problems.
- We work as a team, from a foundation of mutual trust, humility, and integrity.
- We thrive on creating solutions, solving problems, and succeeding for our clients
- We create a fun, safe, and collaborative environment for all to enjoy.
- We support each other with understanding and compassion through life’s difficult moments.
- We believe in doing what’s right, even when it’s not always easy.
- We are committed to excellence and keep our promises to deliver superior solutions on time and within budget.
We seek like-minded people who want to grow with us and build their careers on these principles. If you have high aspirations and thrive on challenges, dynamic projects, and enduring relationships, please read on about our current employment opportunity. If you fit our qualifications and culture, please connect with us and let’s get started.
This position works in a lab environment on new innovative products for the consumer electronics space. You will work in a fast-paced environment with evolving requirements. Someone who loves to be hands-on with an analytical and inquisitive mind would work well in this position.
- BSEE, BSME, or BSCS required
- 3+ years of professional hands-on electro-mechanical or mechanical test experience
- Knowledge of verification and validation testing
- Experience in creating, executing, analyzing, and reporting on hardware testing
- Knowledge of working in a lab environment and running test equipment (e.g. environmental chambers)
- Up to 20% travel may be required between locations
- Must possess valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Experience in aerospace, consumer electronics, or medical devices industries
- Industrial level of working knowledge in material properties, such as plastics, metal, adhesive, glass, PCBA, flex circuit, etc.
- Experience with MCAD/ECAD exchange for PCBAs/FPCs
- Experience working in a production environment where you evaluate boards and board design
- Ability to determine critical failure modes and mechanisms
- Ability to read CAD designs as needed
- Ability to collect data and inputs from Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Experience working on drop, shock, and vibration testing
- Experienced in Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Experience with design of experiments (DOE)
- Six Sigma experience (Green Belt or Black Belt) is a bonus
Why join the Andrews Cooper team? This is a full-time position with top-tier compensation, benefits, and work positives, including:
- Competitive wages with incentive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and life insurance
- 401k Retirement savings with an automatic 3% contribution
- Engineering challenges collaborating with a varied team of A-player engineers of many disciplines
- Growth potential with an established engineering company with nearly 20 years of design excellence
- Long-term relationships and enduring partnerships
- Supportive, fun, and collaborative environment
- Andrews Cooper is an equal opportunity employer