Andrews Cooper specializes in innovative product design and automation solutions for a variety of industries and world-class Fortune 100 companies. We have a high regard for our clients, and we care about how we conduct business. We partner with our clients to exceed their expectations and build long-lasting relationships based on mutual respect, trust, and goodwill.
Our commitment to our clients starts at home, with a family of over 100 talented and highly skilled engineers and staff. We believe there is a better way to operate as a company by supporting and developing our teams. Our company is passionate about what we do and how we achieve our goals:
- We are innovative and naturally curious individuals who love applying science to tough problems.
- We work as a team, from a foundation of mutual trust, humility, and integrity.
- We thrive on creating solutions, solving problems, and succeeding for our clients
- We create a fun, safe, and collaborative environment for all to enjoy.
- We support each other with understanding and compassion through life’s difficult moments.
- We believe in doing what’s right, even when it’s not always easy.
- We are committed to excellence and keep our promises to deliver superior solutions on time and within budget.
We seek like-minded people who want to grow with us and build their careers on these principles. If you have high aspirations and thrive on challenges, dynamic projects, and enduring relationships, please read on about our current employment opportunity. If you fit our qualifications and culture, please connect with us and let’s get started.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: You will be managing the strategic execution of multidisciplinary engineering teams skilled in leading-edge optical design. You will be responsible for both the team and lab equipment’s operation to support experiments, tests, and validations according to workflow, project schedules, and SOPs.
- BSME or BSEE required; MSME or MSEE is a plus
- 3+ years experience managing hardware product development lab environment
- Excellent organization skills
- Coordinate the execution of hardware or software testing for multiple programs
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with evolving requirements
- Ability to evaluate team size/skillset and adapt as needs increase
- Skilled at staying level-headed while managing ambiguity.
- Strong customer service skills
- Up to 20% travel may be required between locations
- Must possess valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Experience dealing with optical hardware and a test environment is a big plus
- Industrial level knowledge of material properties, such as plastics, metal, adhesive, glass, PCBA, flex circuit, etc.
- Experienced working in a test or validation lab
- Testing and analysis experience (FEA, Simulation, etc.)
- Root cause analysis
- Proficiency in presenting engineering designs, proposals, and reports
- Six Sigma experience (Green Belt or Black Belt)
- Ensure equipment is performing at optimum levels and within specifications, including conducting monitoring
- Conduct daily transactions of work utilizing our workflow tracking systems
- Ensure all data, both automated and manual, is collected and deposited in appropriate storage locations
- Execute the design of experiments, process improvement, and regular characterization on equipment according to planned activities and tasks
- Analyze data that is considered part of relevant work tasks
- Document the results of all process work
- Prepare and maintain SOPs
- Train new team members as needed
- Support maintenance and repair activities on tools inclusive of some materials management, including chemicals and gas management.
- Support researchers, engineering, equipment engineering, and field service staff for tool troubleshooting, introduction, and modifications
- Support movement of materials and material logistics
- Support workstation safety and cleanliness
Why join the Andrews Cooper team? This is a full-time position with top-tier compensation, benefits, and work positives, including:
- Competitive wages with incentive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and life insurance
- 401k Retirement savings with an automatic 3% contribution
- Engineering challenges collaborating with a varied team of A-player engineers of many disciplines
- Growth potential with an established engineering company with nearly 20 years of design excellence
- Long-term relationships and enduring partnerships
- Supportive, fun, and collaborative environment
- Andrews Cooper is an equal opportunity employer