We are looking for an electrical engineer to be located in the Snoqualmie, WA area with an interest in developing hardware for the consumer electronics industry. This position will work on a client design project requiring analog, low speed digital, flexible circuit and power supply design.
This is a hands-on assignment involving a variety of electrical design work including circuit simulation, resolving real world component limitations, and solving tough technical problems. You will be responsible for making design proposals, reporting progress, and maintaining a strong relationship with our customers. We have small, nimble teams where technical and personal flexibility is very important.
- BSEE or MSEE from an accredited engineering university
- 4+ years’ experience in an EE board-level design role
- Capable of fully designing a wide variety of projects as the only electrical engineer, or in a small team
- Experience with analog design
- Experience with digital design
- Debug and redesign parameters as needed to pass verification.
- Familiar with medical device requirements
- ISO14971; risk analysis
- IEC 60601-1; General Requirements for Basic Safety
- IEC 60601-1-2; Electromagnetic Compatibility
- IEC 60601-2-27; Particular requirements for ECG monitoring
- Medical Device Design experience, in particular:
- Design verification for support for ECG and Respiration.
- Design verification of multiple parameters including IBP, CO, Continuous Temperature and SPO2.
- Design, debug and verify ESIS tolerance circuit
- Experience in design for cost, reliability, and manufacturability
- Proficiency with documenting engineering designs, proposals, and reports in oral or written form
- You are compatible with a supportive, fun, and team-oriented environment
- Board-level design using industry standard EE tools: simulation, schematic capture, and PCB layout. Experience using Cadence Allegro.
- Experience selecting and managing 3rd party vendors, suppliers, and overseas CMs
- High volume consumer product development experience
- Experience with board-level debugging and rework
- Power supply design is a plus
- Embedded microcontroller and/or Firmware experience is a plus
- Experience with Bluetooth, WiFi, and USB connected devices is a plus
Why join the Andrews Cooper team?
- Andrews Cooper is an established growing 85+ person company with an 18+year track record of design excellence
- This is a full-time position with great benefits including competitive wages with incentive compensation, medical, dental and life insurance, company 401k w/ match, & professional development
- You will experience a wide variety of engineering challenges and work with a team of A-player engineer
- We appreciate passionate self-starters who want to make a difference
- Andrews Cooper is an equal opportunity employer
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.