We are looking for an electrical engineer for one of our clients in the Snoqualmie, WA area with an interest in developing hardware for the medical device industry.
• Design and development of engineering solutions for medical device systems. Provide detailed design work, simulation and component selection to meet product performance, quality, and reliability specifications.
• Provide technical expertise as the front-end designer for parameters for bed side and patient worn (telemetry) monitors. This includes filter design board level and digital filtering architecture design.
• Take designs from concept to completion.
• Where needed development of microprocessor based instrumentation, component design including FPGA’s, firmware design and development, etc., supporting the development and test of products.
• Develop designs to meet all product design requirements for performance, reliability and manufacturability.
• Ensure all QMS and regulatory requirements are met for assigned projects.
• Proactively provide communication, both written and verbal. Create technical and maintenance documentation as needed.
• Work with external suppliers and internal operations engineering on design for manufacturability and testability.
• Conduct FMEA, Reliability analysis, and Hazard analysis on new designs.
• BSEE or MSEE with electrical design experience in high technology product development.
• 4+ years’ experience in an EE board-level design role
• Experience in successfully developing medical devices preferred.
• Capable of fully designing a wide variety of projects as the only electrical engineer, or in a small team
• Completion of several product design life cycles from conception to manufacturing
• Experience with analog circuit design for low level signals.
• Experience with digital filter design.
• Experience with LabVIEW, Matlab or similar tools to design, optimize and verify designs.
• Experience with low noise DC-DC converter design.
• Experience with microprocessor based instrumentation and digital electronic design a plus.
• Experience planning and conducting rigorous design of experiments and tests to validate designs.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
Why join the Andrews Cooper team?
• Andrews Cooper is an established growing 100+ person company with a 19+year track record of design excellence
• This is a full-time position with great benefits including competitive wages with incentive compensation, medical, dental and life insurance, company 401k w/ match, & professional development.
• You will experience a wide variety of engineering challenges and work with a team of A-player engineers
• We appreciate passionate self-starters who want to make a difference
• Andrews Cooper is an equal opportunity employer