At Andrews-Cooper, everything we do stems from our commitment to delivering extraordinary value.
Our ultimate goal is to maximize the return on our clients’ investments. Everything we do is anchored by our dedication to provide top engineering talent and unrivaled problem-solving capabilities in a way that strategically and intentionally satisfies our clients’ needs.
Beyond delivering on-time work at the highest level of quality, we want clients to realize a successful project from Andrews-Cooper and know that they received extraordinary value from their engineering investment.
At our Corvallis site, Andrews-Cooper develops custom automated manufacturing and test solutions. We are passionate about solving our clients’ most difficult automation challenges — often when others cannot.
We are seeking a Senior Controls Engineer to join our design team in Corvallis, OR (open to candidates in the California Bay Area as well). You will be at the heart of a multi-disciplined engineering team, working together to deliver automated assembly and test systems that meet contract specifications for performance, schedule and budget.
• An Electrical Engineering or Computer Science degree from an accredited university. Other engineering degrees are also considered
• 7+ years of experience designing complex automated systems as part of a multi-disciplined team
• Programming, using a wide variety of languages and platforms.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• High attention to detail
• Exceptional organizational skills.
• Ability to work closely with and maintain healthy relationships through fast paced, high-pressure project cycles with clients and team members.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
• Position may require up to 20 – 50% travel (mostly all locally)
• Experience in several of the following environments:
• PLC – Rockwell, Siemens, Codesys (Beckhoff, B&R, Bosch)
• HMI – Rockwell, Siemens, Maple Systems, Wonderware, Inductive Automation Ignition
• Industrial Robotics – Fanuc, Epson, Denso, ABB
• PC – LabVIEW, Python, VBA, VB, C (C, C++, C#), Java
• CAD – AutoCAD Electrical, Solidworks Electrical, EPLAN
• Familiarity with Virtual Machines, Linux, embedded systems
• Identify and integrate off-the-shelf components including controllers, pneumatics, fluidics, robots, vision systems, motion systems, sensors, part handling systems, safety systems, and conveyors.
• Write software and design hardware to support, control and/or integrate the above automated systems, specifically, PCs, PLCs, HMIs, Cameras, Motors, Drivers, Servos, Embedded Microcontrollers, and Safety Devices
• Produce designs for power circuits, control circuits, and safety circuits that are standards’ compliant (ISO13849, NEC, and NFPA79).
• Validate solutions through engineering analysis and calculations
• Participate in regular project meetings with clients and project team to review project status (design, schedule, budget, change notifications, and risks)
• Power up and troubleshoot automation systems during startup phases
• Maintain professional, healthy working relationships with vendors and subcontractors.
• Stay up-to-date on product improvements and newly available technologies for integration
• Mentor associate engineers, and staff engineers
• Ability to provide design directions and lead multiple engineers in projects
• Assist in proposal writing by providing design concepts, labor and material estimates, and scheduling.
• Promote company values of exceptional engineering, trusted relationships, and uncompromised integrity.
Why join the Andrews-Cooper team?
• Andrews-Cooper is an established growing 85+ person company with a 18+year track record of design excellence
• This is a full time position with great benefits including competitive wages with incentive compensation, medical, dental and life insurance, company 401k w/ match, & professional development.
• You will experience a wide variety of engineering challenges and work with a team of A-player engineers
• We appreciate passionate self-starters who want to make a difference
• Andrews-Cooper is an equal opportunity employer