Andrews-Cooper is a growing 80+person engineering and design firm that specializes in solving the outsourced design needs of our clients. We work with Fortune 100 companies as well as innovative and nimble start-ups in both consumer and medical products. Our design teams are located in Oregon, Washington, and Massachusetts.
We are known for our flexibility and creative approach in solving a variety of tough engineering problems as well as developing new products and automated assembly and test equipment. Our designs range from highly reliable and durable medical products to high volume consumer electronics.
We are looking for the right individuals to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have outstanding technical capabilities, but also have an entrepreneurial side that can nurture relationships with our existing clients and help win new business.
We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our design team in Lake Oswego, OR. The ideal candidate will have strong process knowledge in product development as well as a diverse background in designing mechanical parts and systems for consumer electronics (preferably gaming).
• BSME required; MSME a plus
• 5+ years professional hands-on mechanical design experience with increasing design/project responsibility
• Proficiency with general ME CAD tools: Creo Elements Direct or CoCreate
• Adept at running tests and collecting data as well as the ability to generate and test data summary reports.
• Must have solid experience designing for plastic injection moldings
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and fast paced work environments.
• Ability to work independently and with teams.
• Good understanding of basic mechanics and machine design.
• Design for manufacture and assembly.
• Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Rigorous academic background in engineering fundamentals
• Proficiency with product development processes from concept to production
• Proficiency in designing injection molded, MIM, and sheet metal parts
• Proficiency in designing electrical enclosures
• Proficiency presenting engineering designs, proposals, and reports
• Compatibility with a fun, team oriented and supportive environment
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
• Position may require 25% travel
Why join the Andrews-Cooper team?
• Andrews-Cooper is an established growing 80+ person company with a 18+year track record of design excellence
• This is a full time position with great benefits including competitive wages with incentive compensation, medical, dental and life insurance, company 401k w/ match, & professional development.
• You will experience a wide variety of engineering challenges and work with a team of A-player engineers
• We appreciate passionate self-starters who want to make a difference
• Andrews-Cooper is an equal opportunity employer