SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER – OREGON OR WASHINGTON
Andrews Cooper specializes in innovative product design and automation solutions for a variety of industries and world-class Fortune 100 companies. We have a high regard for our clients, and we care about how we conduct business. We partner with our clients to exceed their expectations and build long-lasting relationships based on mutual respect, trust, and goodwill.
Our commitment to our clients starts at home, with a family of over 100 talented and highly skilled engineers and staff. We believe there is a better way to operate as a company by supporting and developing our teams. Our company is passionate about what we do and how we achieve our goals:
• We are innovative and naturally curious individuals who love applying science to tough problems.
• We work as a team, from a foundation of mutual trust, humility, and integrity.
• We thrive on creating solutions, solving problems, and succeeding for our clients.
• We create a fun, safe, and collaborative environment for all to enjoy.
• We support each other with understanding and compassion through life’s difficult moments.
• We believe in doing what’s right, even when it’s not always easy.
• We are committed to excellence and keep our promises to deliver superior solutions on time and within budget.
We seek like-minded people who want to grow with us and build their careers on these principles. If you have high aspirations and thrive on challenges, dynamic projects, and enduring relationships, please read on about our current employment opportunity. If you fit our qualifications and culture, please connect with us and let’s get started.
• BSME required; MSME a plus
• 5+ years of professional hands-on electro-mechanical or mechanical design experience with increasing design/project responsibility
• Proficiency with general ME CAD tools: SolidWorks, NX, Pro/E, CoCreate or Creo
• Experience in consumer electronics or medical devices industries
• Experience with plastic injection moldings (20+ parts designed) as well as knowledge of high-volume manufacturing techniques (Stamping, machining, 3D printing, injection molding, etc.)
• Understanding of basic mechanics and machine design
• Up to 20% travel may be required between locations (in the future – most work is currently remote during the COVID-19 pandemic)
• Must possess valid U.S. Driver’s License
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
• Industrial level of working knowledge in material properties, such as plastics, metal, adhesive, glass, PCBA, flex circuit, etc.
• Knowledge & application of GD&T techniques and knowledge of associated metrology approaches
• Expertise in 3D design modeling and physical prototyping using NX
• Expertise working with overseas vendors, including but not limited to communication, DFMs, schedules, tooling issues, and some night calls.
• Testing and analysis experience (FEA, Simulation, Zemax, Ray Tracing, etc.)
• Optomechanical experience for high volume products
• Knowledge of optics component mounting, interfaces, and adhesive bonding
• Familiar with optics manufacturing techniques (glass lens, plastic lens, coatings, molding)
• Experience with mass production of systems requiring active optical alignment
• 6-sigma experience (Green Belt or Black Belt)
• Experience delivering multiple successful consumer products to production from concept inception to shipping product.
• Design for manufacture and assembly experience.
• Proficiency in presenting engineering designs, proposals, and reports
Why join the Andrews Cooper team? This is a full-time position with top-tier compensation, benefits, and work positives, including:
• Competitive wages with incentive compensation
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and life insurance
• 401k Retirement savings with an automatic 3% contribution
• Engineering challenges collaborating with a varied team of A-player engineers of many disciplines
• Growth potential with an established engineering company with nearly 20 years of design excellence
• Long-term relationships and enduring partnerships
• Supportive, fun, and collaborative environment
• Andrews Cooper is an equal opportunity employer