We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to be in the Kent, WA area interested in growing their career at a fun and innovative company. The ideal candidate will have strong process knowledge in product development as well as a diverse background in design for automation, consumer electronics or medical devices. This is a hands-on assignment involving a variety of design. You will be responsible for making design proposals, testing, designing experiments, reporting progress, and maintaining a strong relationship with our customers. We have small, nimble teams where technical and personal flexibility is important.
• BSME required; MSME a plus
• 5+years professional hands-on mechanical design experience with increasing design and project responsibility
• Proficiency with general ME CAD tools such as Inventor, NX, SolidWorks, Pro/E, or Creo
• Solid knowledge of Design of Experiments (DOE)
• Proficiency presenting engineering designs, proposals, and reports
• Release testing results to teams for complex design reviews
• Adept at generating test plans, running tests and collecting data
• Background in a hands-on lab environment preferred
• Knowledge of Six Sigma is preferred
• Good understanding of basic mechanics and machine design
• Ability to work independently and to collaborate with teams
• Compatibility with a fun, team oriented and supportive environment
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Why join the Andrews-Cooper team?
• Andrews-Cooper is an established growing 85+ person company with an 18+year track record of design excellence
• This is a full-time position with great benefits including competitive wages with incentive compensation, medical, dental and life insurance, company 401k w/ match, & professional development.
• You will experience a wide variety of engineering challenges and work with a team of A-player engineers
• We appreciate passionate self-starters who want to make a difference
• Andrews-Cooper is an equal opportunity employer