TECHNICAL LEAD CONTROLS ENGINEER (PC CONTROLS SYSTEMS SOFTWARE) IN CORVALLIS, OR
Andrews Cooper specializes in innovative product design and automation solutions for a variety of industries and world-class Fortune 100 companies. We have a high regard for our clients, and we care about how we conduct business. We partner with our clients to exceed their expectations and build long-lasting relationships based on mutual respect, trust, and goodwill.
Our commitment to our clients starts at home, with a family of over 100 talented and highly skilled engineers and staff. We believe there is a better way to operate as a company by supporting and developing our teams. Our company is passionate about what we do and how we achieve our goals:
• We are innovative and naturally curious individuals who love applying science to tough problems.
• We work as a team, from a foundation of mutual trust, humility, and integrity.
• We thrive on creating solutions, solving problems, and succeeding for our clients.
• We create a fun, safe, and collaborative environment for all to enjoy.
• We support each other with understanding and compassion through life’s difficult moments.
• We believe in doing what’s right, even when it’s not always easy.
• We are committed to excellence and keep our promises to deliver superior solutions on time and within budget.
We seek like-minded people who want to grow with us and build their careers on these principles. If you have high aspirations and thrive on challenges, dynamic projects, and enduring relationships, please read on about our current employment opportunity. If you fit our qualifications and culture, please connect with us and let’s get started.
• A B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Computer Science or a similar degree
• 7+ years of experience designing complex automated systems as part of a multi-disciplined team
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Great attention to detail
• Exceptional organizational skills.
• Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed
• Must possess a valid US Driver’s License.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
• Experience in several of the following environments:
o PC Control Systems Software: Microsoft Visual Studio C# .NET, VB .NET, Python, Java
o Industrial Controller: Rockwell, Siemens, Codesys
o Robotics: Fanuc, Epson, Denso, ABB
o Motion Controllers
o Vision System
• Experience in utilizing industrial Fieldbus to communicate the PC Controls System to Industrial Controllers and Enterprise Data Systems
• Experience in development (C#.NET, VB.NET, Python, or Java) of a standard machine control structure that are documented and can be followed by other engineers
• Give input and maintain AC PC Control Systems Software standard and processes
• Assign work to and maintain a productive utilization to Controls Engineer (PC Control Systems Software)
• Provide inputs on annual reviews to Controls Engineer (PC Control Systems Software)
• Maintain a healthy scaling up to the Controls Engineering (PC Control Systems Software) capacity
• Identify and integrate off-the-shelf components, including controllers, pneumatics, fluidics, robots, vision systems, motion systems, sensors, part handling systems, safety systems, and conveyors.
• Validate solutions through engineering analysis and calculations
• Participate in regular project meetings with clients and project team to review project status (design, schedule, budget, change notifications, and risks)
• Power up and troubleshoot automation systems during startup phases
• Maintain professional, healthy working relationships with vendors and subcontractors.
• Stay up-to-date on product improvements and newly available technologies for integration
• Provide an active mentorship to Associate, Staff and Senior Controls Engineers (PC Control Systems Software)
• Ability to provide design directions and lead multiple engineers in projects
• Assist in proposal writing by providing design concepts, labor and material estimates, and scheduling.
• Promote company values of exceptional engineering, trusted relationships, and uncompromised integrity.
Why join the Andrews Cooper team? This is a full-time position with top-tier compensation, benefits, and work positives, including:
• Competitive wages with incentive compensation
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and life insurance
• 401k Retirement savings with an automatic 3% contribution
• Engineering challenges collaborating with a varied team of A-player engineers of many disciplines
• Growth potential with an established engineering company with nearly 20 years of design excellence
• Long-term relationships and enduring partnerships
• Supportive, fun, and collaborative environment
• Andrews Cooper is an equal opportunity employer