TECHNICIAN III IN CORVALLIS, OR
Andrews Cooper specializes in innovative product design and automation solutions for a variety of industries and world-class Fortune 100 companies. We have a high regard for our clients, and we care about how we conduct business. We partner with our clients to exceed their expectations and build long-lasting relationships based on mutual respect, trust, and good will.
Our commitment to our clients starts at home, with a family of over 100 talented and highly skilled engineers and staff. We believe there is a better way to operate as a company, by supporting and developing our teams. Our company is passionate about what we do and how we achieve our goals:
• We are innovative and naturally curious individuals who love applying science to tough problems.
• We work as a team, from a foundation of mutual trust, humility, and integrity.
• We thrive on creating solutions, solving problems, and succeeding for our clients.
• We create a fun, safe, and collaborative environment for all to enjoy.
• We support our each other with understanding and compassion through life’s difficult moments.
• We believe in doing what’s right, even when it’s not always easy.
• We are committed to excellence and keep our promises to deliver superior solutions on time and within budget.
We seek like-minded people who want to grow with us and build their careers on these principles. If you have high aspirations and thrive on challenges, dynamic projects, and enduring relationships, please read on about our current employment opportunity. If you fit our qualifications and culture, please connect with us and let’s get started.
• Produce high-quality technical documentation for custom-built automated machines and control systems.
• Interface with internal engineering teams and source data independently to gain an in-depth understanding of various mechanical, electrical, and software documentation requirements.
• Develop topics and procedures relating to safety, installation, operation of mechanical and software systems, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
• Collaborate well with other writers to create and organize technical documentation and share responsibility during peak development cycles.
• Write and edit content to develop and maintain continuity of style.
• Prepare and publish content in electronic and print formats.
• Manage updates and revisions to technical literature.
• 3+ years of experience producing high-quality technical documentation for mechanical, software, and electrical systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong ability to grasp and explain technical concepts to multiple audiences using a clear and concise writing style and appropriate visual elements
• Familiar with basic engineering and technical terminology
• Strong experience using Microsoft 365 applications to create and publish content
• Experience creating, editing, and publishing PDFs
• Collaborate and conduct virtual meetings with key stakeholders using MS Teams
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to prioritize multiple concurrent deliverables
• Compatible with a dynamic, fun, team-oriented, and supportive environment
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, writing, or communications (preferred)
• Experience writing for automation, product development, or consumer electronics industries (preferred)
• Experience writing for medical device documentation (preferred)
• Experience using 3D CAD drawings to generate visual elements (preferred)
• Experience developing visual elements using Adobe Creative Cloud (a plus)
• Experience using Adobe FrameMaker to create technical documentation (a plus)
• Experience with proposal writing (a plus)
• Experience copywriting and creating marketing content (a plus)
Why join the Andrews Cooper team? This is a full-time position with top-tier compensation, benefits, and work positives, including:
• Competitive wages with incentive compensation
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and life insurance
• 401k Retirement savings with an automatic 3% contribution
• Engineering challenges collaborating with a varied team of A-player engineers of many disciplines
• Growth potential with an established engineering company with nearly 20 years of design excellence
• Long-term relationships and enduring partnerships
• Supportive, fun, and collaborative environment
• Andrews Cooper is an equal opportunity employer