SENIOR TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER IN REDMOND, WA
Andrews Cooper specializes in innovative product design and automation solutions for a variety of industries and world-class Fortune 100 companies. We have a high regard for our clients, and we care about how we conduct business. We partner with our clients to exceed their expectations and build long-lasting relationships based on mutual respect, trust, and good will.
Our commitment to our clients starts at home, with a family of over 100 talented and highly skilled engineers and staff. We believe there is a better way to operate as a company, by supporting and developing our teams. Our company is passionate about what we do and how we achieve our goals:
• We are innovative and naturally curious individuals who love applying science to tough problems.
• We work as a team, from a foundation of mutual trust, humility, and integrity.
• We thrive on creating solutions, solving problems, and succeeding for our clients.
• We create a fun, safe, and collaborative environment for all to enjoy.
• We support our each other with understanding and compassion through life’s difficult moments.
• We believe in doing what’s right, even when it’s not always easy.
• We are committed to excellence and keep our promises to deliver superior solutions on time and within budget.
We seek like-minded people who want to grow with us and build their careers on these principles. If you have high aspirations and thrive on challenges, dynamic projects, and enduring relationships, please read on about our current employment opportunity. If you fit our qualifications and culture, please connect with us and let’s get started.
• Responsible for project execution from proposal authorship to final delivery and buyoff
• Accountable for success of projects including deliverables, schedule, budget, quality, and client satisfaction
• Develop effective strategies and tactics for project execution including compliance with AC and client policies and procedures
• Develop project estimates including work breakdown structure and risk mitigation strategies
• Work with AC management to select, train and coach project team members
• Lead and coordinate a multi-disciplined project team including mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, software engineers, and technicians
• Ensure all project team members – including AC staff, vendors and sub-contractors – follow AC’s high standards of quality, integrity, respect, and professionalism
• Manage all client and AC intellectual property including the execution of NDA’s with vendors and sub-contractors, and identification of design innovations that need IP protection
• Hold regular project meetings with clients and project team to review project status: schedule, budget, scope changes, and project risks; and to review designs and technical risks
• Monitor project progress and report regularly to AC management
• Escalate potentially serious client issues and work with AC management to ensure a successful outcome
• Act as primary client contact during the project
• Assist in proposal writing by providing design concepts, labor and material estimates, and scheduling
• Bachelors (BSME or BSEE) or higher engineering degree from an accredited university
• 5+ years of relevant project management experience
• High-level understanding of common electro-mechanical device technologies: microprocessors, wireless communication, batteries, displays, injection molding, rapid prototyping, embedded software, etc.
• Knowledge of testing processes and ability to coordinate large testing or quality assurance teams
• Experienced work with overseas manufactures
• Strong grasp of product development lifecycle and best practices
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Experience working closely with stakeholders and maintaining healthy relationships through fast paced project cycles
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Up to 25% travel maybe required between locations
• Must possess valid US Driver’s License
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
• PMP Certification
• Ability to speak Mandarin
• Interest in the medical device or consumer electronics industry
• Skilled in use of project management software such as MS Project
• Experienced in the use of quantitative project management metrics
Why join the Andrews Cooper team? This is a full-time position with top-tier compensation, benefits, and work positives, including:
• Competitive wages with incentive compensation
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and life insurance
• 401k Retirement savings with an automatic 3% contribution
• Engineering challenges collaborating with a varied team of A-player engineers of many disciplines
• Growth potential with an established engineering company with nearly 20 years of design excellence
• Long-term relationships and enduring partnerships
• Supportive, fun, and collaborative environment
• Andrews Cooper is an equal opportunity employer