TECHNICIAN II IN CORVALLIS, OR
Andrews Cooper specializes in innovative product design and automation solutions for a variety of industries and world-class Fortune 100 companies. We have a high regard for our clients, and we care about how we conduct business. We partner with our clients to exceed their expectations and build long-lasting relationships based on mutual respect, trust, and good will.
Our commitment to our clients starts at home, with a family of over 100 talented and highly skilled engineers and staff. We believe there is a better way to operate as a company, by supporting and developing our teams. Our company is passionate about what we do and how we achieve our goals:
• We are innovative and naturally curious individuals who love applying science to tough problems.
• We work as a team, from a foundation of mutual trust, humility, and integrity.
• We thrive on creating solutions, solving problems, and succeeding for our clients.
• We create a fun, safe, and collaborative environment for all to enjoy.
• We support our each other with understanding and compassion through life’s difficult moments.
• We believe in doing what’s right, even when it’s not always easy.
• We are committed to excellence and keep our promises to deliver superior solutions on time and within budget.
We seek like-minded people who want to grow with us and build their careers on these principles. If you have high aspirations and thrive on challenges, dynamic projects, and enduring relationships, please read on about our current employment opportunity. If you fit our qualifications and culture, please connect with us and let’s get started.
• Responsible for adherence to standards, processes, tools, templates, and best practices which build and sustain the A-C brand.
• Build and maintain a culture that embodies A-C’s core values: “Own It”, “Help Each Other Win”, “Think Bigger & Better”, and “Do What is Right”.
• Responsible for wiring practices, and following mechanical assembly “best practices”.
• Review, redline, and update mechanical drawings, electrical and plumbing schematics, and updates to BOM’s.
• Assist in writing tool assembly and maintenance manuals.
• Assist in the coordination of system crating, rigging, and delivery.
• Assist with project estimation by providing assembly and test labor estimates.
• Ensure compliance to A-C’s procedures as specified in the QMS and other procedures specified outside of the QMS.
• Ability to travel to customer site, which may include overseas, for installations or customer service.
• Assembly of electro-mechanical systems from 2D and 3D documentation.
• Work with Fixtures, Extruded aluminum frames, Control Panels, Point to point wiring and plumbing, Soldering, Cabling, Contact crimping, and Mechanical modifications to electrical enclosures.
• Ensuring safe practices at all times.
• Minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• High standards for quality and attention to detail
• Must have experience with AC voltages to 480 volts
• Must have experience with PLC wiring
• Must have experience with AC and DC enclosure panel building
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Use of CAD programs for assembly/wiring interrogation
• Must be an expert in using shop tools including drilling, tapping, power tools and equipment
• Assist with NRTL certification of systems
• Review, redline electrical, plumbing schematics and BOM’s
• Tool assembly and provide build notes to engineering
• Lift, turn, and place at least 50lbs. when needed
• Stand and work for long periods of time
• Sit and/or work on concrete floor, at times in awkward positions
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
• Assembly of electro-mechanical systems, be able to work from 2D and 3D documentation
• Extruded aluminum frames
• Mechanical modifications to electrical enclosures
• Point to point wiring and plumbing of various types
• Contact crimping
• Maintain build space, equipment, and tools
• Drilling, tapping, cutting and filing with use of hand, or power tools
• Electrical wiring standards NEC, NFPA79, and UL508a
Why join the Andrews Cooper team? This is a full-time position with top-tier compensation, benefits, and work positives, including:
• Competitive wages with incentive compensation
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and life insurance
• 401k Retirement savings with an automatic 3% contribution
• Engineering challenges collaborating with a varied team of A-player engineers of many disciplines
• Growth potential with an established engineering company with nearly 20 years of design excellence
• Long-term relationships and enduring partnerships
• Supportive, fun, and collaborative environment
• Andrews Cooper is an equal opportunity employer