Technician III – Job Description
We are looking for Automation Technician III interested in growing their career in a fun and innovative company. You will be responsible for electrical wiring, mechanical assembly, adhering to standards and practices, and shop maintenance. We have small, nimble teams where technical and personal flexibility is important.
• Responsible for adherence to standards, processes, tools, templates, and best practices which build and sustain the A-C brand.
• Build and maintain a culture that embodies A-C’s core values: “Own It”, “Help Each Other Win”, “Think Bigger & Better”, and “Do What is Right”.
• Responsible for wiring practices, and following mechanical assembly “best practices”.
• Review, redline, and update mechanical drawings, electrical and plumbing schematics, and updates to BOM’s.
• Assist in writing tool assembly and maintenance manuals.
• Assist in the coordination of system crating, rigging, and delivery.
• Assist with project estimation by providing assembly and test labor estimates.
• Ensure compliance to A-C’s procedures as specified in the QMS and other procedures specified outside of the QMS.
• Ability to travel to customer site, which may include overseas, for installations or customer service.
• Assembly of electro-mechanical systems from 2D and 3D documentation.
• Work with Fixtures, Extruded aluminum frames, Control Panels, Point to point wiring and plumbing, Soldering, Cabling, Contact crimping, and Mechanical modifications to electrical enclosures.
• Ensuring safe practices at all times.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• High standards for quality and attention to detail.
• Must have experience with AC voltages to 480 volts
• Must have experience with PLC wiring
• Must have experience with AC and DC enclosure panel building
• Exceptional organizational skills.
• Use of CAD programs for assembly/wiring interrogation.
• Must be an expert in using shop tools including drilling, tapping, power tools and equipment.
• Assist with NRTL certification of systems.
• Review, redline electrical, plumbing schematics and BOM’s.
• Tool assembly and provide build notes to engineering.
Candidate should have working knowledge of:
• Assembly of electro-mechanical systems, be able to work from 2D and 3D documentation.
• Extruded aluminum frames.
• Mechanical modifications to electrical enclosures.
• Point to point wiring and plumbing of various types.
• Contact crimping.
• Maintain build space, equipment, and tools.
• Drilling, tapping, cutting and filing with use of hand, or power tools.
• Electrical wiring standards NEC, NFPA79, and UL508a.
Candidate must also be able to:
• Lift, turn, and place at least 50lbs. when needed.
• Stand and work for long periods of time.
• Sit and/or work on concrete floor, at times in awkward positions.
Why join the Andrews-Cooper team?
• Andrews-Cooper is an established growing 80+ person company with a 18+year track record of excellence
• We provide great benefits including competitive wages with incentive compensation, medical, dental and life insurance, company 401k w/match, & professional development.
• You will experience a wide variety of engineering challenges and work with a team of A-players
• We appreciate passionate self-starters who want to make a difference
• Andrews-Cooper is an equal opportunity employer