Andrews Cooper specializes in innovative product design and automation solutions for a variety of industries and world-class Fortune 100 companies. We have a high regard for our clients, and we care about how we conduct business. We partner with our clients to exceed their expectations and build long-lasting relationships based on mutual respect, trust, and goodwill.
Our commitment to our clients starts at home, with a family of over 100 talented and highly skilled engineers and staff. We believe there is a better way to operate as a company by supporting and developing our teams. Our company is passionate about what we do and how we achieve our goals:
- We are innovative and naturally curious individuals who love applying science to tough problems.
- We work as a team, from a foundation of mutual trust, humility, and integrity.
- We thrive on creating solutions, solving problems, and succeeding for our clients
- We create a fun, safe, and collaborative environment for all to enjoy.
- We support each other with understanding and compassion through life’s difficult moments.
- We believe in doing what’s right, even when it’s not always easy.
- We are committed to excellence and keep our promises to deliver superior solutions on time and within budget.
We seek like-minded people who want to grow with us and build their careers on these principles. If you have high aspirations and thrive on challenges, dynamic projects, and enduring relationships, please read on about our current employment opportunity. If you fit our qualifications and culture, please connect with us and let’s get started.
This role leads a talented group of firmware, embedded, and computer science engineers from varied backgrounds. Your primary function is to support the team. This role will also assist in proposal writing, scoping of projects, and the creation of coding best practices.
- 8+ years experience in either firmware, embedded, or computer science
- Ability to assist in proposal writing and scoping of software projects
- Support team members with code review as needed
- Mentorship of team members and assist in design reviews
- Exceptionally skilled in collaboration and bringing teams together to achieve goals
- Technical aptitude in software engineering with a focus in firmware and embedded engineering
- Knowledge of how to design a wide variety of projects
- Up to 25% travel may be required between locations
- Must possess valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Firmware, or Software from an accredited engineering university; MSCS is a plus
- 8+ years of relevant project management or engineering experience working with multi-disciplined project teams in an automation or product development environment
- Completion of several product design life cycles from conception to manufacturing
- Identify and manage the team’s tools and resources, including software packages and hardware
- Experience working closely with stakeholders and maintaining healthy relationships through fast-paced project cycles
- Experience in design for cost, reliability, and manufacturability
- Proficiency with documenting engineering designs, proposals, and reports
- Experience developing embedded applications in C or C++
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting embedded applications
- Experience with embedded communication protocols including I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, and USB
- Experience operating measurement equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
Why join the Andrews Cooper team? This is a full-time position with top-tier compensation, benefits, and work positives, including:
- Competitive wages with incentive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and life insurance
- 401k Retirement savings with an automatic 3% contribution
- Engineering challenges collaborating with a varied team of A-player engineers of many disciplines
- Growth potential with an established engineering company with nearly 20 years of design excellence
- Long-term relationships and enduring partnerships
- Supportive, fun, and collaborative environment
- Andrews Cooper is an equal opportunity employer